ChatGPT Code Interpreter is a feature introduced by OpenAI that allows ChatGPT to write and execute computer code to provide answers.
This feature is available to premium ChatGPT Plus users. With the Code Interpreter feature, users can analyze data, test code, make charts, solve math problems, and more.
The Code Interpreter plugin is capable of managing both file uploads and downloads, permitting direct interaction with data files, such as CSV files.
Some of the things that can be done with the Code Interpreter plugin include data analysis and visualization, uploading and analyzing files, running Python code, solving math problems, and creating charts and graphs.
However, it’s important to note that ChatGPT has some limitations, such as not being very good at math and not being able to upload or download anything, such as diagrams, to analyze.
To use ChatGPT’s Code Interpreter feature, follow these steps:
- Click on the Code Interpreter toggle in the ChatGPT interface.
- Go to create a new prompt and hover over GPT-4 at the top. There should now be a dropdown that allows you to switch between the standard and Code Interpreter powered version of GPT-4.
- Click on the Code Interpreter option.
- The Code Interpreter plugin mode is now enabled! To use it, make sure this is selected when you start up a new chat.
Once you have activated the Code Interpreter feature, you can use it to write and execute computer code to provide answers. This feature allows you to analyze data, test code, make charts, solve math, and more. Some of the things you can do with the Code Interpreter plugin include:
- Data analysis and visualization
- Uploading and analyzing files, such as CSV files
- Running Python code
- Solving math problems
- Creating charts and graphs
It’s important to note that the Code Interpreter feature is only available to premium ChatGPT Plus users.
Additionally, there are some limitations to the feature. For example, ChatGPT is not very good at math, and you cannot upload or download anything, such as diagrams, to analyze.
If you are having trouble locating or using the Code Interpreter feature, you can try turning on “Chat History and Training” in the data control tab in settings. However, it’s important to note that the feature is still in limited alpha, so it may not be available to all users.