What is Government e-Marketplace (GeM of India)?
Government e-marketplace (GeM) is a one stop portal to facilitate online purchase of goods and services of general use required by various government departments / organizations / public undertakings. GeM aims to increase transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
Government e-marketplaces are commonly referred to as GeM. DGS & D hosted this portal of GEM which is one of the first government portals for procurement of goods in India. This digital user-friendly portal has been created with the objective of facilitating the purchase of goods by government agencies.
Commerce and Industry Minister launched GeM portal on 9 August 2016. This portal not only procured goods but also allowed services. General financial regulations have authorized the procurement process on the portal. So far, the portal has more than 7400 items in more than 150 categories. In addition, till now, there have been transactions in excess of Rs. 140 crores on GeM.
भारत सरकार ने एक बहुत ही ट्रांसपैरंट Indian e-Commerce Portal लॉन्च किया है, जिसे Government E-Marketplace (GeM) कहा जाता है।
GeM Portal for Buyer or Seller (in Hindi)
कोई भी छोटा व्यापारी या एक निर्माता जिसके पास अपने Business में GeM registration है, विस्तृत प्लेटफ़ॉर्म पर पहुंच सकता है। वहां वह अपने Products और Services को Govt Sector या Public क्षेत्र के उपक्रमों के प्रतिष्ठित Buyers को बेच सकता है, जिन्हें उसकी आपूर्ति की भारी आवश्यकता है। यह प्रणाली इन छोटे व्यापारियों और निर्माताओं को अपने Business का विस्तार करने का अधिकार देती है।
Government e-Marketplace (GeM), एक व्यापार-अनुकूल प्लेटफॉर्म है, जो सरकारी विभागों, संगठनों और सार्वजनिक उपक्रमों द्वारा आवश्यक वस्तुओं और सेवाओं की Smart Online Selling की सुविधा प्रदान करता है।
बहुत महत्वपूर्ण बात, GeM registration process पर, डीलरों, निर्माताओं और सेवा प्रदाताओं को अपने उत्पाद और सेवाओं को अपने GeM Login पर सूचीबद्ध करना होगा। इस प्रक्रिया को Goverment ई-मार्केटप्लेस पर उत्पाद सूचीकरण कहा जाता है।
यह केवल तभी है जब उत्पाद सूचीकरण को GeM Authority द्वारा अप्रूव किया जाता है, कि विक्रेता के GeM products सरकार के ई-मार्केटप्लेस पर लाइव होंगे। जिन Merchants के पास Ge M Seller Registration है, वे आसानी से अपने products को बेच सकते हैं।
GeM Login Portal – sso.gem.gov.in ARXSSO Login
First of all, you have to visit the official website of gem.gov.in. There, in the menu, you need to locate the login option, once you click on it, you will be redirected to the SSO login page.
- Visit the official portal of GeM by clicking on the link https://gem.gov.in.
- On the extreme top right corner you will get the option to login, on which you have to click.
- As soon as the next page comes with the login form, you will need to provide your GeM User ID.
- Now enter the captcha code which appears on the screen.
- Click on submit option and you will be redirected to another page.
- On this next page, you will have to provide your password.
- Finally, click on the login option to enter your profile and get access to the various services of the portal.
GeM Registration Seller Portal Online
There are two ways by which you can register in the GeM portal. One is through the option of GeM buyer registration while the other is through GeM seller registration. If you want to register in GeM portal as a buyer, here are the steps you need to follow.
How I Register on GeM Portal as A Supplier?
The following documents are required for seller registration:
- Pan Card.
- Udyog Adhar or Company Registration or Llp Requirements.
- Vat / Tin Number (of Applicable)
- Bank Account & Supporting Kyc Document.
- Identity Proof.
- Address Proof.
- Canceled Check Copy.
- Go to the GeM SSO Portal login site https://gem.gov.in.
- Now on the sign up option, you will get a dropdown menu from where you have to click on the buyer’s option and select.
- On the next page, you have to click on the option of Review Terms and Conditions.
- A box will open, where you will have to look carefully at all the terms and conditions and tick the box to accept it.
- After this, you have to provide your Aadhaar number and your mobile number. Make sure that you have to provide the same mobile number which is associated with your Aadhaar.
- Now, click on Verify Aadhaar’s option to complete the verification process.
- A next page will appear where you have to provide an OTP which you should receive on your registered mobile number.
- Click on the verified option provided again.
- On the next page, you will get a popup that you have to go through and click on Close option on it.
- Now, you will get a form which you have to fill with all the required details.
- After this, you have to provide your email ID and verify it using OTP which you will get on your email ID.
- Now, provide a user ID and password.
- Confirm the password and then click on the Create Account option.
When doing this registration and providing your email ID, you need to make sure that you are offering your official email ID in which you must have options like gov.in, nic.in, or other similar. If you are not providing an official ID, the portal will not accept your email address. If you do not have an official ID, you must obtain it through an official at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, who already has an official email address.
GeM of Portal Features
GeM portal is full of many features due to which it is becoming very popular across the country. Here are mainly the main features on the portal.
You can search for GeM Tender by your product category and services. Contact our customer support team for GeM Registration. Call us to register your company on the GeM portal.
The GeM portal is an open platform with no manual interruptions. Whether it is about payment, registration, or any other process, there are no barriers that fall between users. Ultimately, the portal is all about excessive transparency.
The purpose of the portal is to encourage small scale industries of the countries. All this is a possible initiative to encourage the Make in India project in a convenient way.
The buying and selling of goods and services can be done quite efficiently without any hassle. This process is simple and can be completed in a few minutes.
Product Listing Process on Government E-Marketplace
The product listing on the government e-marketplace includes various steps. Only after successful approval, any product or service becomes available for sale on the GeM portal.
Such steps may vary depending on the type of GeM vendor. Here are 5 easy steps for listing products on the government e-marketplace.
Basic Guide of The GeM Products
The traders having GeM Registration as seller need to mention the General speciﬁcaons of product given below:
- Category of the Product & their sub-category
- Name of the product
- Product Description
- Brand of product
- Product Model
- HSN Code
- SKU id
5 Tips for Finding a List of Suppliers on Gem:
- Brand Name
- Specific Product Name
- Specific Product Model Number
- Ask GeM Service Consultants
- Or do your own research on Gem
- Offers a rich list of products for individual categories of goods / services
- It makes available the search, comparison, selection and purchase function
- It allows the purchase of goods and services online, as and when necessary.
- Provides transparency and ease of purchase.
- Guarantees a continuous supplier qualification system
- Up-to-date, easy-to-use dashboard for purchasing, monitoring supplies, and payments
- Easy return policy provision
- Direct access to all government departments.
- One-stop-shop for marketing with minimal efforts
- One-stop shop for offers / reverse auction of products / services
- New product suggestion feature available to sellers
- Dynamic pricing: price can be changed based on market conditions
- Vendor friendly dashboard for sale and monitoring of supplies and payments
- Consistent and uniform purchasing procedures
How to find a seller on GeM?
As you want to find a list of suppliers on the GeM portal, you can search the name of their product on the portal if you look and their product, which means your competitor is on GeM. You should immediately register on the GeM portal.
Who can sell on GeM?
The “Vendors” on GeM will be OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and / or their authorized channel partners (resellers) (any general authority / dealership of OEMs to sell their product in the open market) and e-marketplaces.