Enjoy the joy of celebrating Rakshabandhan by making something truly special – your own handmade rakhi. In this guide, we take you through simple yet amazing ways to make beautiful rakhis at the comfort of your home.
From paper to beads and beyond, let’s explore the art of making easy and beautiful rakhis that have a touch of your creativity.
How to Make Rakhi at Home – Simple DIY Ideas for Raksha Bandhan
Rakhi is a special thread embellished with decorations that sisters tie on their brothers’ wrists on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
Making customized rakhis at home can be a fun craft activity for kids and adults alike. Here are some easy ideas to make beautiful rakhis at home with readily available supplies.
- Rakhi thread or woolen yarn
- Beads, stones, sequins
- Flowers, petals
- Gotta, dabba
- Papers, crepe paper, foil paper
Make Rakhi with Paper
Materials: Colorful paper, scissors, glue, thread
- Cut paper in rectangle, circle or other shapes.
- Layer paper pieces in collage style and glue together.
- Punch a hole and attach thread to one end.
- Add beads, stones, gotta for decoration.
Make Rakhi with Photo
Materials: Photo print, scissors, glue, thread
- Cut a small photo to size.
- Glue on card paper backing.
- Decoratively cut the edges.
- Punch hole, attach thread.
- Add bead tassels for a personal touch.
Make Woolen or Yarn Rakhi
Materials: Wool, yarn, scissors, glue, beads
- Cut strands of wool or yarn in equal sizes.
- Arrange and glue them together decoratively at the center.
- Punch hole on one side, pull yarn threads through the hole.
- Tie strands together, trim evenly.
- Add beads, pom poms, buttons to enhance the rakhi.
Get creative and make colorful Rakhis at home to add a personal touch for your siblings. These DIY rakhis made with love make Raksha Bandhan celebrations more meaningful.
With a dash of creativity and a few simple materials, you can create breathtaking Rakhis at home.
Whether you opt for paper, beads, or wool, each method carries a unique charm that adds a personal touch to this auspicious occasion.
Embrace the joy of crafting and gifting these beautiful Rakhis, symbolizing the bond that makes Raksha Bandhan truly special.