The Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation (PICME) scheme launched by the Tamil Nadu Government aims to revolutionize maternal healthcare.
This article provides a comprehensive overview of the PICME scheme, its registration process, eligibility criteria, and benefits for expectant mothers.
What is PICME?
The PICME scheme serves as a milestone initiative by the Tamil Nadu Government to ensure optimal medical care for pregnant women. It facilitates comprehensive pregnancy monitoring from detection to childbirth.
PICME Registration Process:
- Pregnant women can register for PICME through the official website.
- Upon registration, they receive a 12-digit RCH ID number for tracking purposes.
- The RCH ID is crucial for monitoring all aspects of the pregnancy.
- PICME, established in 2008, is now upgraded to PICME 2.0.
- It records data for around 11 lakhs of mothers annually.
- User IDs and passwords are granted to government health institutions, enhancing data collection.
- Village Health Nurses (VHNs) in rural areas and Urban Health Nurses (UHNs) in urban areas have delivery entry logins for streamlined data input.
Benefits of PICME:
- Pregnant women’s needs are tracked through online registration.
- Connection to local medical facilities ensures timely care.
- Local nurses monitor pregnant mothers’ health, ensuring well-being.
- The RCH ID simplifies birth certificate issuance.
- Financial benefits and improved healthcare access are facilitated through PICME registration.
PICME Eligibility Criteria:
- Pregnant women residing in Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- The lady should be pregnant.
Advantages of PICME 2.0:
- Complete digitization for efficient data management.
- Online registration minimizes in-person visits, ensuring social distancing.
- Real-time monitoring and risk assessment enhance health outcomes.
- Mobile app enhancements include chatbot support and informative e-books.
PICME Login Guide:
- Access the official PICME website.
- Choose the Pre-registration by Public option.
- Enter PICME number and pin code.
- Schedule a consultation with a Village Health Nurse.
- Verify contact details using OTP.
- Create a username and password.
Checking PICME Registration Status:
- Visit the official PICME website.
- Choose Pre Registration by Public.
- Enter the 12-digit PICME number.
- Submit the number to check the status.
Importance of PICME Number:
- Facilitates tracking of pregnant women’s health.
- Used for birth certificate issuance.
- Enables access to healthcare services.
PICME and CRS Integration:
- Integration enhances maternal and child health data.
- Enables better decision-making and targeted interventions.
- Improves outcomes and service delivery.
PICME Login and Conditional Cash Transfer:
- Conditional Cash Transfer incentivizes health and education requirements.
- Integration improves maternal and child health outcomes.
- Promotes healthcare access for vulnerable populations.
Support and Contact Details:
- Call-Centre number: 102
- Email: email@example.com
- Office address: Directorate of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Chennai
The Way Forward for PICME:
- Continuous development for effective pregnancy monitoring.
- Data accuracy enhancement and training of healthcare professionals.
- Potential mobile application and support programs.
The PICME scheme revolutionizes maternal healthcare through online registration, efficient tracking, and essential healthcare access. This initiative empowers expectant mothers in Tamil Nadu, ensuring their well-being and promoting healthy childbirth.