The Pregnant and Infant Cohabitation Monitoring and Evaluation Scheme (PICME) was launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The main objective of the scheme is to ensure that pregnant women get proper medical help and care.
By making PICME registration mandatory, Tamil Nadu government is also encouraging the public to register for PICME number in order to obtain a birth certificate.
To know the status of PICME number, eligible women will have to log on to the online portal of picme.tn.gov.in.
How to Login PICME Portal? After login to PICME Portal, you can check PICME Status online and also the way to register PICME Portal is very easy. PICME is the official website of Pregnancy and Infant Cohabitation Monitoring and Evaluation. Now the new PICME login page can be opened online from picme.tn.gov.in.
The PICME and MRMBS login page can be found on the homepage of the PICME 2.0 website. Here is how you can login to picme.tn.gov.in portal. Also, here you can do PICME registration to see PICME number.
- IFHRMS Salary Bill, Pay Slip Registration
- TNEB Online Bill Payment Consumer Number
- Tnreginet Registration – Value Search, Jurisdiction, Apply EC
All About PICME Portal (New picme.tn.gov.in)
PICME stands for Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation, PICME is a system deployed by the Tamilnadu government to track all pregnant women. Pregnant women can register on https://picme.tn.gov.in/ right from the inception of pregnancy until obtaining a birth certificate for the newborn.
Pregnant mothers can obtain PICME registration through nearest government health care centres, hospitals and primary health care centres.
Pregnant mothers can also contact local nurses or Anganwadi center workers to collect the 12 digit registration code. Lastly, the application is also available at all village level CSCs (Common Service Centers).
PICME Registration Online
PICME registration process can be completed in a number of ways, so you’ll need to find one that’s convenient for you from the following.
- Self-registration by visiting the official website of picme.tn.gov.in.
- Contacting any service center where women register absolutely free.
- Registration also by calling toll free number 102.
- PICME registration by contacting nearest government hospitals.
It is quite convenient to get PICME number online and it can be done by following these simple steps given below.
- Click on this link of the official portal https://picme.tn.gov.in/ for registration.
- On the right side of the screen, you will get the option of Pre-registration by public, on which you have to click.
- A page will come up with a blank form in which you have to provide all the required details like your name, address, aadhaar details and others.
- Here you have to select a time from the given slots to contact the Village Health Nurse.
- Now in the below section you have to provide your email id and your mobile number and click on the option of generate OTP.
- Now provide the OTP you have received on your mobile number and also provide the captcha and click on save option.
Once the registration is complete, you will get your 12 digit PICME number on your registered mobile number and email address. Soon, the nearest health officer will contact you and you will have to visit the nearest center after which you will be given RCH ID. This will be the ID that you will have to use for different activities in different places. Usually, the registration process should take a month or two to complete.
After registering yourself, you can log in to the profile at any time using these simple steps. The officials contacting you regarding the completion of the registration will also assist you in obtaining your username and password for your login process.
The old PICME portal has been changed to the new PICME login page. So to open the official PICME-Login portal, here is what you need to do –
- First of all you have to open www.picme.tn.gov.in website. Locate the User Login Form.
- Now, you have to navigate the cursor to the user login form that you see in front. Make sure you have already registered before login.
- Now, in the first box of the PICME login form, enter your USER ID.
- Once you have entered your Login ID, enter your PICME Login Password in the second box. After entering the PICME login username and password, enter the captcha code shown there.
- Now, double check all the details you have filled and move your cursor to the bottom of the page. Click on the submit button and you will be logged in.
PICME Number Status Check Online
After completing the registration process to get the PICME number, you will have to wait for some time to get your RCH ID.
You can check the status of your PICME Number Verification by following these steps.
- First of all you have to login to PICME portal.
- Now click on the option of Pre-Registration by Public which you must have used at the time of registration.
- On the next screen select the option of Pre-Registration Application ID Status.
- In the blank box, you need to provide your 12 digit Application ID or PICME number which you have received while registering.
- Finally click on submit option and your status will be displayed on the screen.
Importance of PICME Number
As per the Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) Scheme, a woman must register with PICME as soon as she comes to know about her pregnancy.
After successful registration and getting the PICME number, these registered pregnant women will soon be provided with an RCH ID.
After getting the RCH ID, these women can avail various facilities under the RCH scheme.
- If you have registered on time, the first installment will be sent 12 weeks in advance. An amount of Rs 2000 will be provided as the first installment. If you register late, it may take longer to send money.
- After that the third installment will be paid in the third month. This amount will be sent to the beneficiary’s bank account. The third installment will be remitted to the beneficiary’s bank account after 4 months of registration.
- An amount of Rs 2000 will be provided again in the next installment, after that Rs 4000 will be given under the fifth installment. This amount will be given only when the delivery takes place in a government hospital in Tamil Nadu.
- After that, under the sixth installment, again Rs 4000 will be sent to the beneficiary’s bank account. This amount will be sent when the child is vaccinated with OPA/Rota/Peneta with 2 IPV doses.
- Finally, the final installment of Rs 2000 is paid after the last Measles-Rubella vaccination which should be before 12th month of infancy.
Obtaining a birth certificate is easy for any child born to a mother with PICME registration. After the birth, the expectant mother can download the birth certificate by RCH ID to get the birth certificate to the newborn baby quickly.