B.Com or Bachelor of Commerce is a 3-year undergraduate program in the field of commerce and business management.
Let’s understand what B.Com stands for, the key subjects it covers, career opportunities and earning potential after completing this degree.
What Does B.Com Stand For?
- B.Com is an abbreviation for Bachelor of Commerce.
- It is an undergraduate degree awarded to students who complete 3 years of study in relevant subjects.
- In India, many universities offer B.Com courses that can be pursued after 12th commerce stream.
Core Subjects Covered in B.Com
Some of the core subjects covered in the B.Com curriculum are:
- Accounting – Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting
- Commerce – Business Economics, Business Mathematics, Business Law
- Management – Principles of Management, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management
- Finance – Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions and Markets, Income Tax
- Computer Applications – Office Tools, E-Commerce Applications
Career Avenues after B.Com
Completing B.Com opens up opportunities in diverse fields like:
- Accounting – Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Cost Accountant
- Banking – Clerk, PO, Investment Banker
- Finance – Financial Analyst, Investment Analyst, Portfolio Manager
- Marketing – Brand Manager, Marketing Executive, Sales Manager
- HR – HR Executive, Recruiter, Training Manager
FAQs about B.Com
What is the full form of B.Com?
What subjects are typically covered in B.Com?
How does B.Com contribute to a career in commerce?
What is the salary range for B.Com graduates in India?
Expected Salary Range
The average starting salary range for B.Com graduates in India is ₹15,000 – ₹25,000 per month.
With experience and professional qualifications, salaries can go up to ₹8 lakhs or more annually.
In summary, B.Com provides a strong base for a rewarding career in commerce and management domains. The program equips students with knowledge and skills needed to excel in various profiles and leadership roles across sectors.