Have you ever wondered about the meaning of “NEET“? In this article, we’ll unravel the full form of NEET, delve into its significance, explore its details, and address common questions surrounding this vital examination.
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is one of the most popular medical entrance exams in India. In this post, we will cover the NEET full form, examine what NEET is all about, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and other key details related to this important exam.
What is NEET Full Form?
Meaning of NEET in Hindi: The Hindi full form of NEET is “Rashtriya Aptitude Test Pariksha”. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Details About NEET Exam:
- NEET is conducted in pen-paper mode across different exam centres in India.
- It is held for admission to 90,000 MBBS, 27,000 BDS, 52,000 AYUSH seats in medical and dental colleges.
- NEET exam consists of 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Maximum marks is 720 with 720 marks being the highest score.
- NEET eligibility criteria includes passing Class 12 with minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB.
- Age limit is between 17 to 25 years with relaxation for reserved categories.
Types of NEET Exam:
There are 2 types –
- NEET UG for undergraduate courses
- NEET PG for postgraduate medical admission.
NEET Exam Age Limit:
The lower age limit is 17 years while the upper age limit is 25 years.
Over the years, NEET has undergone certain changes to enhance the examination process and maintain its integrity. Stay updated with the latest changes to stay well-prepared.
FAQs about NEET
What is the NEET full form in Hindi?
How does NEET relate to JEE?
In summary, NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is the key medical entrance exam of India.
Understanding the NEET full form and its eligibility criteria, exam pattern, types and age limits is essential for aspiring medical students.