UPPSC stands for Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. It is the state agency responsible for recruiting civil servants and administrators for various posts under the government of Uttar Pradesh.
What is the Role of UPPSC?
- Conducts competitive recruitment exams annually for Group A, B & C services.
- Screens and selects suitable candidates through a transparent selection process.
- Makes recommendations for appointment to various civil service posts in UP.
- Advises the state government on service matters like promotions, transfers etc.
UPPSC Exam Pattern
The UPPSC selection process involves:
- Preliminary Exam – Objective MCQ paper to shortlist candidates.
- Mains Exam – Descriptive papers testing substantive knowledge.
- Interview – Personality test and subject matter expertise evaluation.
The exam syllabus covers general studies, aptitude, Indian polity, history, economy, environment, science and technology.
Salary Structure of UPPSC Posts
- The starting monthly salary for Group A posts like PCS Officer is ₹56,100.
- For Group B posts such as Assistant Conservator, it ranges from ₹34,800 – ₹1,42,400.
- Lower group C posts carry a salary between ₹5,200 – ₹20,200 monthly.
- Higher ranks and greater experience allows climbing up the pay scale further.
In summary, UPPSC conducts competitive recruitment for prestigious state civil service jobs in Uttar Pradesh across multiple domains. The examination pattern and selection process is rigorous and transparent.