Larry Fink is an American business executive. Some key facts about him:
- He is the chairman and CEO of BlackRock, the world’s largest asset management firm. BlackRock has over $10 trillion in assets under management as of 2022.
- He founded BlackRock in 1988 and has been its CEO and chairman since then. Prior to founding BlackRock, he was a managing director at First Boston and a bond trader at First Boston and Blackstone Group.
- He pioneered the use of mortgage-backed securities in the 1970s and the securitization of the mortgage market. This helped fuel the dramatic growth of the mortgage securities market.
- He is considered one of the most influential people in finance. He has been included in the Forbes list of “The World’s Most Powerful People” and the Time 100 list of most influential people.
- He is known as a champion of environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. BlackRock has made ESG issues a top priority under his leadership.
- He is 69 years old as of 2022. He was born in Los Angeles in 1953. He graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1976 with a bachelor’s degree and an MBA.
- He sits on the boards of the Council on Foreign Relations, the Aspen Institute, and NYU Langone Medical Center. He is co-founder of the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion alliance.
In summary, Larry Fink is a very prominent and influential American business executive, best known as the CEO of BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager. He pioneered mortgage-backed securities and is a leader in ESG investing.