VLE is an acronym commonly used in relation to rural services in India. But what does VLE stand for and what is the role of a VLE? Let’s find out.
Full Form of VLE
VLE stands for Village Level Entrepreneur. A VLE operates and delivers services to rural citizens through Common Service Centres.
|VLE||Village Level Entrepreneur|
What is a VLE?
A Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) is someone who sets up and runs Common Service Centres (CSCs) in rural areas.
VLEs enable villagers to avail government and non-government services closer to home.
Role and Responsibilities of a VLE
The key roles and duties of a VLE are:
- Establishing and managing CSC centre infrastructure and operations.
- Delivering e-governance, financial, education, health and other services.
- Operating as banking correspondents to provide banking services.
- Assisting citizens in accessing welfare schemes, applying for documents etc.
- Educating rural citizens about digital services and products.
VLEs play a crucial role in bridging the rural-urban digital divide. It enables inclusive development and empowers rural entrepreneurs.
In summary, VLE refers to Village Level Entrepreneurs operating Common Service Centres that deliver critical services in rural India.